Please return all applications to Chief Ed Krevit at the Law Enforcement Building at 400 S Main on the 1st floor.
This position pays 13.08 an hour with benefits to start after the 91st day and requires a background check to be CLEAR.
Assists Sergeant - Bonding and booking inmates and processing paper work for files; performs booking of new inmates; receives bonds from bonding companies; matches bonds to warrants and complaints. Makes daily deposits, files, processes cash fines and bonds, processes warrants, Gary Painter cash bond account.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Books subjects into jail, including fingerprinting, photographing, and taking inventory of property.
· Receives bonds from bonding companies, and enters into the computer.
· Receives cash for fines or cash bonds, and enters into the computer.
· Receives money from the public to put into inmates' cash accounts.
· Types cash bonds.
· Releases property to inmate's family or friends, including updating computer.
· Handles inmate cash account, including counting monies and comparing with receipts
· Answers phone and works the bonding window.
· Notarizes documents as needed.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Enforces penal code, traffic code, and family code laws.
· Process bonds, including checking for accuracy, returning bonds back to the individual who received it, for incorrect information. Entering all bonds into the bond database and printing report with all information to send to the respective courts. Processing bonds that come in form OOC facilities
· Processing Bail Bond Fee, including counting the money for the fees. Making deposits and entering information form the receipts into the Bail Bond Fee log.
· Counting money that is received into the facility for inmates, that is not loaded into the kiosk machine and making daily deposits to the Inmate Trust Account.
· Answer questions for bail bond companies.
· Beginning fo the month reports for bondsman
· Refunding money to defendants on dismissed charges form the cash bond account
· Sending cash bond account money to the respective courts when charges are files.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school graduation or its equivalent.
Procedures relating to bonding; standard office practices and procedures; computers and basic bookkeeping procedures.
Operate computers, including word processing software; read and understand legal documents, letters, and memos; operate office equipment, such as ten-key and typewriter; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, county employees, and bonding company personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; bend and kneel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds, such as books and stacks of records, and occasionally must lift and/or move objects weighing 100 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
To be considered you must send a completed application with experience and references and a background check form by either mail or email to Midland County Human Resources Office, 500 N. Loraine, Suite 100, Midland, Texas 79701, or email@example.com. Please reference job number 2013SO02.
Click here to download the application (PDF).
If you have a Sheriff’s office application for a Jailer and/or Booking Clerk position, please return it to Human Resources for processing
NOTICE: You are on a legacy Midland County webpage that is scheduled to be decommissioned or replaced. Please click here to return to the main Midland County website.